1. Start by pickling the red onion to make sure it has time to cool. Mix a 3-2-1 layer on the stove, add sliced red onion when the sugar has dissolved. Let cool in a jar in the refrigerator.
2. Time for the guacamole: Peel two ripe avocados and mash lightly. Finely chop a tomato and add to the avocado puree. Add the juice from a lime, a squeezed clove of garlic, flake salt, chili and coriander
3. Then start your taco seasoning. Mix together paprika powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder. Mortar until the spices are well mixed. Store the spice mixture in a jar with a lid.
4. Fry the minced meat from Peas of Heaven in a splash of rapeseed oil. Tip: Try to constantly stir the minced meat when it is fried to prevent it from being shaped and fried into larger pieces.
When the minced meat is cooked through, that is, when it is completely hot and finely chopped in the frying pan, add 1-2 tbsp of the spice mixture. Taste and add more if necessary, keep in mind that the minced meat is relatively salty in itself and therefore be careful not to add extra salt when cooking.
Serve your taco mince in shell or tortilla with the pickled onion and guacamole. Also add your choice of fresh vegetables, grated cheese, salsa sauce and matyogurt or sour cream.
1 PACKAGE PEAS OF HEAVEN FÄRS, 350G PICKLED RED ONION
PICKLED RED ONION
- 1 red onion
- 3 parts water
- 2 parts sugar
- 1 part vinegar
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1 clove of garlic
- The juice from a lime
- A pinch of flake salt
- Chili flakes to taste
- Coriander to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (preferably ancho)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder