During Vegovision in Gothenburg and Malmö, 2019, Gustav Johansson (Damn Good) helped us cook a chorizo stew on our sausage, something that was very much appreciated and of course we want to share the recipe.
- Rinse, peel and chop the carrot, onion, and fresh tomatoes.
- Slice the sausage into cm thick slices
- Finely chop the garlic and fresh chili
- Heat a saucepan with plenty of olive oil in the bottom and fry the onion, and the carrots until the onion softens
- Add the sausage and all the dry spices, garlic and chili and let it cook for 3-4 minutes until the sausage and vegetables have taken on color and it smells good
- Put in the chopped tomatoes and fry on medium heat until the tomatoes have boiled and begin to drain. Taste with kikkomansoya and dilute with any. 1-2 dl more water and then let it boil for about 20 minutes without a lid so all the flavors go together and you get a nice and thick pot
- Pour off the spade from the chickpeas and pour them into the pot. Bring to the boil again and taste with salt and fresh lemon juice.
- Rinse and finely chop the parsley and stir into the pot. Clear!
- Serve with rice or bread.
- 1 packet of vegan chorizo at about 300 g
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 large or 2 medium-sized carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 whole red chillies
- 4 fresh red tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin (not cumin!)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon kikkomansoja
- 1-2 dl water
- 1 jar of 380 g cooked chickpeas
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil to fry in
- Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon